Filing a claim can be made simpler and less stressful if you are aware of how the claims procedure works, including reporting an accident, coordinating with an insurance adjuster, and getting your car repaired, if required.
Remember to remain calm after an accident, call 911 and stay at the location of the accident scene, take photos of the damages, and, if possible, exchange information with the other motorist.
1. Contact your insurance provider with information about the accident right away.
- Location, date, and time of accident
- Name, address, phone number, and insurance policy number for all involved in the accident
- Weather condition
- Photo(s) of the damaged vehicle(s)
- Copies of the police and/or accident reports, if applicable
2. Review the deductible options and coverages of your policy.
3. Work with your insurance adjuster.
4. Repair or replace your car, if necessary.